GOOD CITY GUIDES
Publish your article in the first issue of the Al Ain Good City Guide Education Edition.
ARTICLE TYPES: FEATURES, ESSAYS, REPORTS OR OTHER INFORMATIVE ARTICLES OF INTEREST TO PARENTS AND TEACHERS.
The voice of the articles must speak to parents and teachers from a perspective of care for children, not academic teaching advice. Articles may be original investigative reporting, scholarly research, and biographies of or interviews with important (topical) individuals or institutions. They may include discussion of larger education and cultural issues, or any subject in the domain of school selection and child care and integration within that system.
Suggested topics are:
- Instilling self-leadership in children from an early age
- How to assist your child to integrate into a new school
- Things I wish I could tell parents – a teachers perspective
- Overcoming bullying at school – how you can help
- Information on the new anti-bullying campaign in the UAE
- Teaching children to overcome failure and build resilience
- How much is too much? – is your child doing too many activities
- Understanding the different curriculums available in the UAE
- Choosing a University from an expat perspective
- Social media and your child – do you really know what is going on?
- Social media – understand the warning signs
- Mental health for your teenager – what should you know
- Guide to vaccinations for children in UAE
- Understanding ADEK rating scales
Deadline: 5 May 2018 (launch issue)
Ongoing for subsequent issues throughout the year
SEND YOUR SUBMISSION FORM (link below post) to email@example.com
If Your Submission Is Accepted:
Your article will be published in the Al Ain Good City Guide Education Edition which will be distributed freely within the Al Ain Community. The guide is published digitally and all issues will be available online to share and keep meaning that your exposure will last for several years.
- Your picture (optional) and bio sentence will be included with all articles.
- Some articles may be highlighted on the web or in newsletters associated with the Good City Education Guide.
- Possibly promoted on the Source Facebook or Instagram feeds.
How to apply to this Article Submissions Call
Your articles must:
- Speak to parents and carers as well as teachers from a non-technical perspective. Teacher focussed articles will be declined.
- Be about 450 to 1350 words in length.
- Supplied in Microsoft Word, single spaced lines, single spaces after periods, plain text formatting, edited for grammar and spelling.
- Include a one-sentence bio about the author at the end of the article.
- Include the author’s picture (optional)
- Articles will be published with credit to the author – not to the company/institution. Logo’s for this category of article will not be included however the associated company/institution can be mentioned in the bio. For articles requiring logo’s / and / or company/institution attribution, please see the Good City Guide media kit.
You are encouraged to:
- Submit good quality images to accompany the article. Images must be of a suitable resolution for web publishing with a maximum size of 500kb. Images MUST be your intellectual property and not copied from other articles or websites unless those sites are free image sharing platforms.
- Use of images supplied is not guaranteed and your article may be published with, without, or with alternative images.
- Include the author’s relevant website/blog address to be published with the article.
There is no fee for submitting articles, nor is there payment to the author.
The Source magazine / Source Online ME reserves the right to decline article submissions. Articles will be edited.
The Article Submissions Call submission process includes submission of application form, submission review, submission editing, possible publication in the Source magazine / associated good city guides, and possible publication on website and/or social media or newsletters.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.